Resume Tate Gordon (1) (1) .pdf
Original filename: Resume_Tate Gordon (1) (1).pdf
Author: Tate Gordon
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by MicrosoftÂ® Word 2010, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 14/12/2017 at 14:56, from IP address 47.19.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 328 times.
File size: 221 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Resume_Tate Gordon (1) (1).pdf (PDF, 221 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Tate O. Gordon
Togordon12@gmail.com ▪ 631-275-3935 ▪ Bay Shore, NY 11706
Natural Organics, Inc.
Safety and Environmental Sustainability Specialist
Aug. 2016 – Present
- Established a Corporate Environmental Sustainability Program and managed the execution of the program.
- Collaborated on the development and implementation of a Corporate Environmental and Social Responsibility Policy
that commits to complying with all local, state and federal environmental laws, and advancing workplace sustainability.
- Secured a private-public partnership with The Nature Conservancy to expand the company’s environmental sustainability
- Developed and implemented a Corporate Safety and Security Program.
- Currently managing a Corporate Safety Committee of 25 members and conducting biweekly meetings, providing an open
forum for employees to share ideas to improve workplace safety, security and sustainability.
- Conducted training sessions covering a variety of safety and security topics to educate and build awareness amongst
- Developed a Supplier Code of Conduct for suppliers, sub-suppliers and other third parties to comply with to achieve
corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- Identified and proposed local environmental events and community initiatives for the company to participate in.
Sept. 2015 - May 2016
- Collaborated with Paraguayan Ministry of Agriculture officials to assist a local committee of 9 members to increase overall
crop production for auto-consumption and income generation.
- Conducted problem-solving and capacity-building activities to motivate committee members to identify community strengths
and weaknesses in production.
- Provided presentations and instruction about new soil recuperation techniques, crop diversification, and disease
management practices and constructed a demonstration plot with the help of committee members to aid in the
implementation of these new techniques.
- Facilitated the entry of committee members into a local market where they could sell their produce and generate income.
- Coordinated nutritional cooking classes every week to instruct the community on new ways to consume their self-grown
produce, as well as the health and financial benefits of doing so.
- Utilized a proprietary Monitor and Evaluation system to analyze and measure community projects’ progress and
- Provided feedback to the community, the Paraguayan government, and the Peace Corps.
Citizens Campaign for the Environment
Nov. 2013 – April 2014
Educated the Long Island public about key environmental issues through campaigning.
Engaged in fundraising efforts and personally raised over $10,000 for the campaign.
Strengthened CCE’s member base by gaining over 1,000 members.
Influenced county and state officials to pass legislation on developing a Clean Water Action Plan and implementing
a strict nitrogen standard for Long Island.
- Trained and managed a crew of 10 workers on how to successfully convey the campaign to the public.
Wildlife Conservation Society Brazil - Pantanal/Cerrado Project
Campo Grande, Brazil
- Implemented sustainable practices to reduce pressure on natural resources and wildlife habitats.
- Assembled camera traps throughout the remote region of the Pantanal/Cerrado to monitor native wildlife behavior and
recorded the data in Microsoft Excel.
- Researched ranching impacts on the populations of native frugivores in the Pantanal/Cerrado.
- Conducted diet analyses of the native frugivores and completed data entries.
- Utilized radio telemetry to track down and monitor migration patterns of peccary populations.
- Successfully promoted awareness about unsustainable land use and deforestation through community outreach
and a training seminar.
YMCA Great South Bay
Special Needs Camp Counselor
Bay Shore, NY
June 2013 – Aug. 2013
- Provided a comfortable, fun, and supportive environment for a camper on the autism spectrum
through compassion, patience, and encouragement.
- Communicated with the parents on a weekly basis regarding the camper’s progress.
- Actively participated with the camper in activities such as sports, board games, and arts and crafts.
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs/College of Arts and Sciences
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Geography, Minor: Biology (3.1/4.0 cumulative GPA)
- Concentration in Environmental Conservation
- Dean’s List in Fall 2012
- Hoover the Seal Research Award for Best Research Proposal: “Referential and/or Urgency-Dependent Alarm Calls in
Meerkats (Suricata suricatta) and the Corresponding Escape Strategies”
Peace Corps Pre-Service Training Program
Peace Corps Paraguay
Sept. 2015 – Dec. 2015
- Intensive 10.5 week field-based training including 140 hours of language (Spanish/Guarani) and cultural training,
202 hours of technical training (agriculture), and 132 hours of administrative training (orientation to PC service, development
theory, adult education, non-formal education techniques, Community Needs Assessment tools, cross-cultural adjustment,
diversity, safety, security and medical training and other related topics.)
- Lived and interacted successfully with a Paraguayan host family during community-based training.
Computers: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Adobe Acrobat Pro, ArcGIS, Visio, ERDAS IMAGINE
Languages: Intermediate Spanish (oral and written), Intermediate Guaraní (oral)
Certifications: OSHA Certified for General Industry
The Loss of Coniferous and Deciduous Forests in Washington from 1975 to 2009
- Designed a visual using ERDAS IMAGINE remote sensing software to display the loss of coniferous
and deciduous forests in Washington state from 1975 to 2009. Through this I found that with the increase in
human population, and the increasing development of cities and the suburbs, coniferous and deciduous forests have
seen a dramatic decrease.
The Relationship between Human-Elephant Conflicts and Droughts in Kenya
- Constructed a map using ArcGIS software to spatially analyze the relationship between human-elephant
conflicts and drought ridden areas throughout Kenya. The results showed that as Kenya faces waves of extreme
drought, the elephant populations within Kenya are driven towards human populated areas in hopes of sustaining
their appetites. It was also discovered that with the increase in human populations, the elephant’s natural
habitat is dwindling.
New Hope International Ministries
Youth Development Facilitator
Bay Shore, NY
May 2016 – Present
- Assist in leading a group of 20 youth members in discussions about life skills, behavior and conduct
through interactive team and character building activities.
- Counsel youth group members and focus on building healthy, supportive relationships.
- Provide one on one intensive mentoring to a youth group member.
Garden of Eve
Sept. 2014 – Nov. 2014
- Seeded, harvested and maintained various crops.
- Participated in soil management and maintaining soil fertility.
- Assisted in implementing permaculture practices and learned about the irrigation systems.
Private English Tutor
English Tutor for International Korean students
- Prepared interactive lesson plans and activities based on the students’ level of English.
- Assisted the students to expand their knowledge of the English language and achieve a higher proficiency
level in their reading, writing and speaking abilities.
Geography Senior Seminar: Education and Geospatial Methods
- Collaborated with a team of 5 members and instructed a geography course to 7th grade students
of an inner city school.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog