SASS Nutrition Guide .pdf
Original filename: SASS Nutrition Guide.pdf
Title: SASS Nutrition Guide
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by Canva, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 02/01/2018 at 20:41, from IP address 73.237.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 218 times.
File size: 1 MB (13 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
A HEALTHY & BALANCED
BY SMALL & STRONG
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SMALL & STRONG NUTRITION
SECTION 1: SMALL & STRONG SWITCHES
SECTION 2: CLEAN EATING VS MACROS
SECTION 3: CLEAN EATING TIPS
SECTION 4: SERVING SIZE GUIDELINE
SECTION 5: MACRO TRACKING
SECTION 6: CALCULATING YOUR MACROS
SECTION 7: FITGENIE APP
SECTION 8: SMALL AND STRONG'S FOOD
LUNCH, DINNER, SNACKS
SMALL & STRONG NUTRITION
It all started with a carrot. ME, Umama, the biggest Hot Cheetos
addict traded in the fiery red goodness for it's orange counterfeit...the
carrot. That's all it takes. Small switches.
Okay, switching to a carrot isn't exactly the ideal small switch, but
once your mind is ready for change you'll be impressed with the
decisions you'll make. That's the key: when your MIND & HEART are
ready. That means you HAVE to determine a GOAL that is WORTH
fueling your body.
My life consisted of Netflix & chilling' for one, post college social
annexation, selling office supplies and a serious lack of passion. I knew
I needed discipline and structure to figure it out...so I started with the
one thing I knew I could control: my nutrition.
TO BBG &
22% BODY FAT
LOST 22 LBS
16% BODY FAT
+ 5LB MUSCLE
14% BODY FAT
+ SL 5X5
Most people doubted (judged) me, but I stopped doubting myself. I
knew I was worth investing in myself. It took patience, but the growth
and self love that developed trumped everything.
Today, I'm the most empowered and SASSIEST woman.
Now, I can enjoy my 1 oz serving of Hot Cheetos with peace of mind,
but I'm wise enough to opt for the macro friendly Fiery Pop Chips :P
SMALL & STRONG NUTRITION
1) Understand your body type. High Carb = Fat Loss (Say What?)
2) 100g of chicken does not equal 100g of protein...Opps.
3) Chipotle is truly my swolemate. It ALWAYS fits in my macros.
4) Treat meals are the key to continue burning fat.
5) My goals are more important than others judgements.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
THERE ARE FOUR STAGES:
For long term success you
should progress from
each stage as you learn to use
food as fuel.
If you're not sure about where to start...start with Basic Nutrition &
1) Commit to walking 3 times a week for 30-45 mins a week
2) Hydrate properly with about 1/2 oz per body weight (BW)
3) Incorporate lean protein, veggies/fruits and healthy fats every meal
4) Structure your starchy carbs around your pre/post workout meals
5) Use your hand as a portion guide (see page 8)
If you are somewhat training, but need guidance with nutrition:
1) Determine WHY you want to make this a lifestyle
2) Make small switches in your diet
3) Find a nutrition lifestyle YOU love.
4) Determine a fitness program that works for YOUR goals that you LOVE
SMALL AND STRONG SWITCHES
Before diving into any nutrition lifestyle you have to begin with
respecting food. You can't do that going from the junk food life to
eating clean 100%.
Your brain does not respond to change like that. Our frontal cortex
has to be trained by making small switches in our diet.
CHICK FIL A
It doesn't sound as dramatic when you put it like that. That's all it
takes: changing your perspective.
These small choices will progress into lifestyle choices. You'll learn the
difference between eating food that satisfies you for 5 mins vs. fueling
5 years worth of goals.
FOOD = FUEL FOR YOUR GOALS
Once you've caught some momentum, then let's set you up for
success with a nutrition lifestyle that works for you.
In this nutrition guide I will suggest the two that I believe work with
most lifestyles and the SASS Guide.
CLEAN EATING VS MACRO TRACKING
There are two nutrition lifestyles I recommend you implement with
your fitness program: clean eating or macro tracking.
Here's the simplest distinctive between the two:
CLEAN EATING = EAT WHOLE FOOD
MACROS = EAT CERTAIN NUMBER
OF CARBS, FATS & PROTEIN FOR
YOUR AESTHETIC GOALS
Before you start either nutrition lifestyles you have to:
1) Respect yourself
2) Respect good natural food
Now take a look at some of these pros and cons to figure out which
works for you.
*Note: These are generalizations about these lifestyles
CLEAN EATING TIPS
Choosing a clean eating lifestyle sets you up for success to have the
best relationship with whole natural food! You'll feel more energized
from the nutrients while meeting your weight loss/bulking goals!
1) Incorporate 2-3 clean treats throughout the week. Use pinterest to
find easy recipes!
2) When grocery shopping you should be purchasing food that
doesn't come with a nutrition label (whole foods! haha), but that's
hard nowadays! So pay attention to the following on nutrition labels:
- Number of ingredients (as little as possible)
- Sodium / Sugar (low or none)
3) When ordering food at a restaurant ask to cook protein and sides
without seasonings or sauces. You may ask for it on the side.
4) Please take the time to weigh out your protein a few times so that
you can visualize how much protein you should be consuming for
your body weight. This could hinder you from reaching your goals.
5) FRUITS & VEGETABLES ARE CARBS! Good carbs! Plug them into
6) Prioritize snack prep over meal prep! Make clean cookies, snack
bags of carrots / fruit, etc. Snacking is where most people go wrong!
7) Set up a budget every week for groceries. Purchase natural meat in
bulk to last two weeks. Fresh produce should last one week. Choose
2 - 3 for the week to avoid over spending.
8) Love yourself more than the opinions of others. Enjoy your life and
#TreatYoSelf when YOU want to.
CLEAN EATING SERVING SIZES
TOTAL DAILY CONSUMPTION
EACH MEAL CONSUME:
1 PALM = 3-4 OZ
1 CUPPED = 1/2 CUP
1 FIST = 1 CUP
2 CUPPED = 1 OZ
1 ENTIRE = 1-2 TBS
BODY WEIGHT EQUIVALENT
SMART CLEAN CARBS
8 SERVINGS / 1 OZ X BODY WEIGHT
*Sample plan based on a GENERAL weight loss plan for an avg 120lb woman. CONSULT A NUTRITIONIST FOR A PLAN FOR YOUR BODY AND
Welcome to the life of flexible dieting otherwise known as IIFYM / If It
Fits Your Macros! You will calculate a specific number of carbs, fats
and protein for your goals.
1) Purchase a scale. Understand how to use it
2) You have to have 100% faith in your macro-nutrient calculations.
You can reevaluate your numbers after you have committed 90 100% to them for 3- 4 weeks. You're cheating yourself if you don't try
3) Have a notepad in your kitchen to write down your scale
measurements as you're meal/snack prepping. No wet fingers on your
phone! Plug them into FitGenie afterwards you're done prepping!
4) Your micros are just as important as your macros. Shoot for 25g of
fiber a day, Be conscious of your sugar/sodium intake if you bloat.
5) For your treat meals: do not track them. Track the rest of the day
like normal! You'll come up short on your macros, but it teaches you to
just move on with the rest of your day like normal!
6) You do NOT have to hit your macros 100%! Generally +/-5G over or
under on your macros is a good target!
7) Be wise. Obviously you could be a fool and eat 2 poptarts and hit
your carb goals for the day, but choose to be healthy and satisfied.
8) LOVE YOURSELF. Don't be hard on yourself because the FDA isn't
hard on these food companies. They allow for a 15% margin of error on
food labels...so you're never really going to be perfect! So have fun!