eBay Announced New Active Content Policy .pdf
Original filename: eBay Announced New Active Content Policy.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Word 2016 / www.ilovepdf.com, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 11/01/2018 at 12:04, from IP address 27.109.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 113 times.
File size: 420 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
eBay Announced New Active Content Policy- Affecting eBay Sellers
eBay has come up with its latest decision of banning the Active content for its sellers. They have
now come up with the fresh policies that eBay sellers have to abide. The E-Commerce platform
has not set any particular date for banning the active content. However, they have strictly
issued policies for the sellers to set their stores in the right form. According to an
announcement, the sellers have to make changes in their eBay store and templates.
What is Active Content?
types of actions as videos, rotating slideshows, cross-selling widgets and shipping calculators.
Even it includes the form actions with drop-down menus for the eBay product listing services. It
should only include the CSS and the HTML elements. This averts any action that is performed by
the third party and should be removed within the year 2017.
Reasons to Remove Active Content
The eBay has put forth many reasons to remove the active content policy from their platform as
it affects the following.
• Nearly 58% of people who visit the E-Commerce platform come from the mobile devices. This
has a huge impact on the users as most of the times active content restricts the mobile
• Moreover, the active content takes more time to load the web page. According to a survey,
40% of people will abandon using the eBay if it takes more than 3 seconds to load a web page.
• This will cause a huge loss to the sellers as the mobile users will find all this frustrating, and
they will never visit the website again. The removal of active content will speed up the loading
time and will increase traffic too. This will improve eBay SEO services as rendered by
professionals like eStore Factory.
• Active Content causes many concerns about the security issues that includes the introduction
of the malware. For controlling this issue, the eBay has decided to remove the third-party plugins.
Major Effect on the eBay Sellers
As Google has issued guidelines for making the E-Commerce platforms mobile-friendly, the
removal of active content is seen in a good light. eBay has nearly 168 million active users, so the
elimination has become important for the eBay listing optimization. However, the major effects
on the sellers are as below.
• This will distort the product listing and lead to losing a buyer.
• Disfiguring of the listing items
• People will not be able to read the texts correctly.
• Buyers will not understand the seller’s product listings and what does it exactly sell.
• Poor performance on the Mobile devices
• The removal of plug-ins will leave a negative space in one’s product listing.
• Slow loading of the templates the eBay store
• Poor impact on the traffic of the store, the sales and the revenue generation
The banning of the Active Content has come as a huge task for the eBay sellers who have
thousands of listing. The removal of the content is possible only for sellers with few listings. An
estimate states that editing of 1500 listings will take nearly 85 hours. For solving this problem,
one can contact the best E-Commerce SEO provider and company eStore Factory. Their
professionals have specific tools to solve this issue.