This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by / Skia/PDF m65, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 17/01/2018 at 14:01, from IP address 31.43.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 277 times.
File size: 241.38 KB (4 pages).
Privacy: public file
Thanyaphong Na Nakorn
Division of Hematology
Department of Internal Medicine
Faculty of Medicine
Education and professional experiences
M.D. (First Class Honors), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Diploma of Clinical Sciences (Internal Medicine), Chulalongkorn
University, Bangkok, Thailand
Chief Resident, Department of Medicine, King Chulalongkorn Memorial
Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Certificate Thai Board of Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physician
Research Fellow in Gene Therapy, Section of Medical Oncology,
Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Ph.D. (Cancer Biology), Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
Clinical Fellow in Haematology and Stem Cell Transplantation,
Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, UK
2003-present Instructor in Internal Medicine and Hematology, Faculty of Medicine,
Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Academic Honors and Scholarship
1. Academic Honor Award for the highest score among medical science students, from
Professor Thaab Neelaniti Foundation in 1988.
2. 16 Academic Honor Awards for the highest scores in various subjects, Faculty of
Medicine, Chulalongkorn University.
3. Gold Medal Award for the Highest Academic Achievement from Chulalongkorn
University in 1993.
4. Scholarship from the Anandamahidol Foundation under the Royal Patronage of His
Majesty the King of Thailand from 1996 to 2003.
Social activities and awards
Grand prize for the best performance in Thai String Ensemble contest from National
Youth Bureau of Thailand (1987, 1988)
Distinguished Juvenile Award, Buddhism Society of Thailand (1989)
Member, Thai Medical Council
Member, Royal College of Medicine (Thailand)
Member, American Society of Hematology
Member, European Hematology Association
Secretary, Thai Myeloma Working Group
1. Intragumtornchai T, Rojnuckarin P, Na Nakorn T. Hematological Changes in HIV
Infection. In Proceeding of the 35th Annual Scientific Meeting, Faculty of Medicine,
Chulalongkorn University, March 14-18, 1994, pp 189-206. (in Thai)
2. Na Nakorn T, Intragumtornchai T, Tunksa-nga K, Ruxrungthum K. Disseminated
Tuberculosis. Chulalongkorn Journal of Internal Medicine 1994:7:18-23. (in Thai)
3. Na Nakorn T, Rojnuckarin P, Yenrudi S, Intragumtornchai T, Swasdikul D.
Glomerulopathy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia : a case report and review of the
literature. Thai Journal of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine 1994;4:307-319.
4. Na Nakorn T, Intragumtornchai T. Febrile Neutropenia. Chulalongkorn Medical
Journal 1994;38:771-86. (in Thai)
5. Fujii T, Fu SQ, Yin LH, Nanakorn T, Sanchez FG, Cooperberg M, Guo D, Wang T,
D L, Pizzorno G, Deisseroth A. Multidrug Resistance and Prodrug Activation for
Cancer Gene Therapy of Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer 1997;4:210-212.
6. Garcia-Sanchez F, Pizzorno G, Fu SQ, Nanakorn T, Krause DS, Liang J, Adams E,
Leffert JJ, Yin LH, Cooperberg MR, Hanania E, Wang WL, Won JH, Peng XY, Cote
R, Brown R, Burtness B, Giles R, Crystal R, Deisseroth AB. Cytosine deaminase
adenoviral vector and 5-fluorocytosine selectively reduce breast cancer cells 1
million-fold when they contaminate hematopoietic cells: a potential purging method
for autologous transplantation. Blood 1998;92:672-82.
7. Yin LH, Fu SQ, Nanakorn T, Garcia-Sanchez F, Chung I, Cote R, Pizzorno G,
Hanania E, Heimfeld S, Crystal R, Deisseroth A. Results of retroviral and adenoviral
approaches to cancer gene therapy. Stem Cells 1998;16 (Suppl 1):247-50.
8. Na Nakorn T, Traver D, Akashi K, Weissman IL. Myeloerythroid-restricted
progenitors can alone provide radioprotection and the majority of day 8 CFU-S. J
Clin Invest 2002;109:1579-1585.
9. Na Nakorn T, Miyamoto T, Weissman IL. Characterization of clonogenic murine
megakaryocyte progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2003;100:205-10.
10. Marin D, Marktel S, Bua M, Szydlo RM, Franceschino A, Nathan I, Foot N, Crawley
C, Na Nakorn T, Olavarria E, Lennard A, Neylon A, O'Brien SG, Goldman JM,
Apperley JF. Prognostic factors for patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia in
chronic phase treated with imatinib mesylate after failure of interferon alfa. Leukemia
11. Sanphasitvong W, Poovorawan K, Boonsuk P, Assanasen T, Na Nakorn T,
Poovorawan Y. Parvovirus b19 infection in HIV patient with pure red cell aplasia.
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2005;36(5):1216-20.
Rituximab-CHOP-ESHAP vs CHOP-ESHAP-high-dose therapy vs conventional
CHOP chemotherapy in high-intermediate and high-risk aggressive non-Hodgkin's
lymphoma.Leuk Lymphoma. 2006 Jul;47(7):1306-14.
13. Rojnuckarin P, Na Nakorn T, Assanasen T, Wannakrairot P, Intragumtornchai T.
Cyclosporin in subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma.