Peer Reviewhtml .pdf
Original filename: Peer Reviewhtml.pdf
Title: Peer Review
Author: Gordie Palmbay
This PDF 1.7 document has been generated by Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2016, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 26/01/2018 at 19:35, from IP address 108.52.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 209 times.
File size: 541 KB (5 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Peer Reviewhtml.pdf (PDF, 541 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Global Cities – Group 2
So you want to publish an article?
• Did you unearth the remains of an unknown species of dinosaur? Figure out
the algorithm to hit the Powerball every time? Chances are you’ll want to
share these findings with the people in your field of research! (maybe not the
• To do so, you’ll want to write and publish an article in an Academic or
Industry journal! But before you become the next Einstein, you’ll need to
make sure your reporting is correct and professional enough.
Publishing an article: STEP 1
• The first thing you’ll want to do is write up a draft article. Do your best, and
then submit it to an editor from your desired Academic or trade journal.
• The editor will then deem your draft paper fit or unfit for their respected
Publishing an article: Step 2
• In the event that your findings or research is relevant, the editor will submit
your draft article to a group of industry or field experts who will sort
through it with a fine tooth comb. This important process is called Peer
• Peer Reviewers, sometimes called Referees, will ask key questions to
determine your draft article’s relevance, value, originality and figure out if it is
Publishing an article: Step 3
• The peer reviewers will either approve or reject your article, in the event that
it is approved, they will often suggest revisions you should make before it is
• The final say in accepting the article for publication is made by the editor. If
they like it, congratulations! You have just published an article in a well
respected academic or industry journal. If Denied, don’t be discouraged.
Some journals reject over 90% of articles submitted to them.
• Good luck in your research and publication efforts!
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog