Workday HCM Training Notes .pdf
Original filename: Workday HCM - Training Notes.pdf
Title: Microsoft Word - Workday HCM - Training Notes.docx
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by Word / Mac OS X 10.13.1 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 31/01/2018 at 02:12, from IP address 24.56.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 110 times.
File size: 47 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Home screen = basic interface of Workday
- House icon (upper left) – navigates to Home screen
- Search bar allows for direct navigation to different functions
- Colored icons = “Worklets”
o Customized according to areas of responsibility and assigned duties
o Worklets include Onboarding, Personal Information, Time, Time Off, Pay,
Benefits, and Favorites
- Cloud icon (upper right) – opens menu with options: Home, Inbox, Notifications,
Favorites, W Drive, Documentation, and My Account
o Customizable photo
o Smaller orange icon (upper right of Cloud) indicates new Inbox items
Inbox = items requiring action
- HR user action examples: approving Time submissions, approving a Time Off request
- Other employee action examples: entering benefits information, completing payment
election enrollment forms (e.g., selecting Direct Deposit), changing benefits for life
- Emails may also be sent to user’s primary email account
- Items remain in Inbox until they have been handled
- Completed items are archived, viewable via Archive tab
Notifications = informational messages (action not necessarily required)
- Examples: Confirmation of Time submission, Notification of Time Off Request approved,
notification of Hire and onboarding tasks to be completed, Notification of available tax
Favorites = location for saving favorite functions or favorite users
W Drive = not in use by Vassar, creator of the webinar
Documentation = location for file uploads
- Change sub-menu functions: Contact Information, Personal Information, Emergency
Contacts, Photo, Legal Name, Preferred Name
o Preferred name requires unchecking Use Legal Name As Preferred Name box,
updates upon saving, is used by HR for awards, etc.
View sub-menu functions: About Me, Addresses, Email Addresses, Address Changes,
Name, More (2)
- Change sub-menu functions: Benefits, Beneficiaries, Dependents, Retirement Savings
- View sub-menu functions: Benefit Elections, Benefit Elections as of Date
Save for Later allows a user to postpone a task for future completion.