Daniel Bak 2018 02 07 .pdf
Original filename: Daniel Bak - 2018-02-07.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by TeX / LuaTeX-0.95.0, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 07/02/2018 at 18:02, from IP address 173.234.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 355 times.
File size: 56 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Daniel Bak - 2018-02-07.pdf (PDF, 56 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
DA N I EL B A K
4405 Burgess Hill Lane Johns Creek, GA 30022
(+1) 902·955·9072 firstname.lastname@example.org /in/danielpbak github.com/danielpbak
EDUC ATIO N
B.CSc. Computer Science
Graduated October 2017
STI Technologies Limited
Oracle Database Developer (Co-op)
May 2015 - April 2016
Data Solutions Department
· Completed two internships, first as a data analyst, then as a database developer
· Developed web scrapers to collect physician data using both Python and CasperJS. Trained colleagues
in how to operate and maintain these scrapers. The resulting data was later used to develop a suite of
· Built a highly efficient Fellegi-Sunter record linkage procedure in PL/SQL to merge several sources of
· Created complex SQL queries for both internal and external clients, and helped those clients understand
the results through both electronic and in-person consultation.
· Developed Python, batch and PowerShell scripts to automate data entry, report modification, data extraction
and other labor intensive tasks, saving hundreds of man hours.
· Wrote extensive documentation for all of the above projects.
Course Work & Extracurriculars
· Contributed to the open source ReviewBoard Django application, integrating social authentication in order
to validate GitHub webhooks and merge users.
· Developed interconnected RESTful web services in NodeJS as a part of my Cloud Computing course.
· In the Software Engineering course, using SVN and in a team of four, developed an Android application in
Vaadin (Java) which allowed the user to tag their current location with ”graffiti”, and see nearby graffiti.
· As a part of the Machine Learning course, implemented and used several unsupervised, supervised and
reinforcement learning models in MATLAB and learned the theory behind them.
· Built a multithreaded HTTP server in C as part of the Operating Systems course. The server used three
different queuing strategies.
· Completed the nand2tetris course, building a full-scale computer system and simple compiler and assembler
starting from basic logic circuits.
· Was the 2016 Tabs Director & Organizational Committee Member of the Dalhousie debate team. Made it
to the finals of several debate tournaments and won multiple awards.
TEC HNOL O G I E S
Libraries & Frameworks
NodeJS, Django, Vaadin, numpy, pandas, Tensorflow
LaTeX, UNIX, Eclipse, Jetbrains, Jupyter, git
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog