Original filename: ShawnPitmanProfile.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by Apache FOP Version 1.1, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 07/02/2018 at 13:41, from IP address 217.136.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 359 times.
File size: 13 KB (4 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
ShawnPitmanProfile.pdf (PDF, 13 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Always open to exciting new opportunities
Lead Designer at BANDAI NAMCO Studios Singapore Pte Ltd
May 2016 - Present
• Projects – Unannounced IP (First Person Shooter/Adventure Exclusive to the Nintendo Switch)
Ace Combat 7 (VR Aircraft Dogfighting Action-Simulator Exclusive to PS4 and PS4 VR)
Ridge Racer 8 (Drift-based High Speed Car Racing Exclusive to the Nintendo Switch)
• Content Design – Designed worlds, levels, enemy types, tracks, futuristic cars, near-future jet fighters (and
much more) for multiple titles intended for simultaneous Japanese and Western markets.
• System Design – Designed combat encounters, puzzles, environmental hazards, car suspensions,
acceleration balances, weapon balances, and spawn placements for multiple titles.
• Multiplayer Design – Designed online and local multiplayer for VR and standard game matches,
leaderboards, rally races, ranking systems, and voluntary handicapping systems for multiple titles.
• UI Design – Oversaw UI design for transition between original platforms to new modern trends.
• Concept Design – Created many design concepts in order to meet Nintendo’s exacting requirements.
• Documentation – Created and maintained the GDD for use between Western and Japanese studios.
• Writing – Wrote ingame lore entries, plot structures, backstories, dialogues, and announcer barks.
• Leadership – Provided direction and mentorship to teams of Junior and Senior designers.
• Business Development – Drafted multiple design pitches for new IPs intended for development by other
BNS studio holdings of which two achieved successful funding.
• VIP Presentation – Regularly presented pitches, storyboards, design directives, and gameplay to both
Nintendo Headquarters and Bandai Namco Entertainment Group.
• Storyboarding – Created scripts and top-level direction for creating storyboards used for cinematics and for
communicating game concepts between Japanese and Western development methods.
Creative Director / Producer at RealU
July 2011 - September 2015 (4 years 3 months)
• Project – Otherland (Free2Play Multi-Genre Action MMO)
• Leadership – Responsible for maintaining and communicating the game’s vision all team members
• Design – Designed, implemented, and playtested a wide array of gameplay functions and features.
• Production – Tracked tasks between departments and worked with publishers to identify MVP.
• IP Treatment – Converted the plot/characters from a popular book series to work within a video gaming
environment. Awarded the author’s public permission to write the continuation of his existing novels.
• Features – Designed and prototyped multiple innovative features to bring freshness to the MMO genre.
• Monetization – Incorporated Free2Play models to match publishers’ revenue requirements.
• Documentation – Wrote flowcharts, spreadsheets, and design ‘bibles’ for use by multiple departments.
• Press – Wrote scripts and directed the cinematic trailer and ‘Making Of’ videos for trade shows.
Senior Game Designer (Feature Lead) at Paragon Studios
April 2009 - July 2011 (2 years 4 months)
• Leadership – Led the mid-sized team responsible for creating new features for an existing product.
• IP Treatment – Leveraged existing IP in order to create a new, fresh gameplay experience.
• Design – Designed, implemented, and playtested features with input from management and customers.
• Features – Altered existing feature framework in existing product to create new yet familiar gameplay.
• Monetization – Helped to convert existing product to meet demands of more modern business models.
• Documentation – Wrote extensive documentation for use by Quality Assurance and PR.
Senior Game Designer (Feature Lead) at Slipgate Ironworks
May 2008 - April 2009 (1 year)
• Project – Redwood (Children’s Educational MMO/Flash Game)
• Leadership – Led a small team to create a series of features important to nature of the product.
• IP Treatment – Worked alongside other departments to create a new IP marketed towards children.
• Design – Designed, implemented, and playtested prototypes alongside children’s focus groups.
• Features – Created means of converting industry-standard features for the children’s demographic.
Game Designer / Writer at LucasArts
February 2006 - May 2008 (2 years 4 months)
• Project – Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Third-person Action/Adventure)
• Writing – Co-awarded the Writer’s Guild of America’s winner for Best Writing in a Video Game (2009).
• VIP Collaboration – Worked with George Lucas to create story for ‘canon’ Star Wars product.
• IP Treatment – Worked within well-known Star Wars franchise to create a new, important character.
• Level Design – Prototyped, implemented, and created two of seven levels including First Playable.
• Multiplayer Design – Designed new features revolving around competitive, multiplayer gameplay.
• Lore – Maintained consistency for the project in regards to existing, exhaustive story elements.
• Documentation – Wrote documentation and flowcharts for both features and gameplay story.
Senior Game Designer at Midway Games
February 2005 - February 2006 (1 year 1 month)
• Project – Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (Single / Multiplayer Action / Hack&Slash)
• IP Treatment – Helped to translate an existing IP from a children’s product to a mature audience.
• Level Design – Prototyped, implemented, and created three of nine levels.
• System Design – Created AI behavior systems for enemies in addition to two boss encounters.
• Creature Design –Designed the visual direction for design’s needs in regards to enemy types.
Game Designer at Sony Online Entertainment
2001 - 2005 (5 years)
• Projects – Everquest: Planes of Power (Everquest Expansion)
Everquest: Legacy of Ykesha (Everquest Expansion)
Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Star Wars MMO)
Everquest II (Fantasy MMO)
• IP Treatment – Worked with both company-owned IPs and third-party IPs to create new products.
• Quest Design – Designed and wrote hundreds of quests for multiple titles.
• World Design – Designed and implemented hundreds of encounters over many zones.
• System Design – Designed and balanced countless loot tables and enemy stats.
• Story – Created dialogues, backstories, and histories for zones, races, and monsters.
Always open to exciting new opportunities
Contact Shawn on LinkedIn
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog