anycast m4 review .pdf
Original filename: anycast-m4-review.pdf
Title: AnyCast M4 Plus Review
Author: W.S. Toh
This PDF 1.7 document has been generated by Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2016, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 15/04/2018 at 05:24, from IP address 58.182.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 550 times.
File size: 202 KB (10 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
I am Lor Tee
I love to play with gadgets and share the reviews.
You can find me at @lortee
Every once in a while, a new
technology, an old problem, and a
big idea turn into an innovation.
- Dean Kamen
USB cable with WIFI antenna
Does not even come in a box.
Just bubble wrapped in plastic bag.
Usage Experience 1
● First instinct is to plug USB into the
dongle to power it up.
● Simple enough, but dongle could not
fit into monitor as there is not enough
● This is why Chromecast 2 had a
separate cable HDMI.
● Not a big problem, and easily solved
with a $2 HDMI extension.
Usage Experience 2
● Connected to dongle via on-screen
SSID and password.
● Simple enough, but not sure if nontechnical people can do it without
● Hit the first problem – Could not fully
mirror my Android phone as the
dongle does not support HDCP.
Usage Experience 3
● Struggled with the HCDP issue.
● Tried connecting the dongle to home
network for firmware update – Simple
● Update took a long 5+ minutes.
● Even after updating and connecting
dongle to home network, still faced the
HCDP not supported issue.
Usage Experience 4
● Tried with a Windows 10 desktop, and
it worked smoothly.
● The AnyCast will be a pain to any
users who uses a device that insists
● But it still streamed the video pretty
● Max resolution of full HD 1080P.
● Works, but not a good Chromecast
You can read the full review at - https://red-dotgeek.com/anycast-m4-plus-review/