e Filing & Reporting for Accounts Payable .pdf
Original filename: e-Filing & Reporting for Accounts Payable.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by / Skia/PDF m67, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 19/04/2018 at 12:39, from IP address 111.93.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 163 times.
File size: 564 KB (4 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
How to use e-Filing & Reporting for Accounts Payable Sage 50
E-filing and reporting are important processes to be followed by every organization in order to
comply with the tax regulations and for audit purposes. You can directly e-file quarterly and
year-end forms from Sage 50 without visiting the federal or bank websites. Sage 50 also allows
you to set reminders to ensure that you do not miss the deadline or pay the penalty.
E-filing saves your time on printing and sending the forms to the tax agencies. To e-file your tax
reports, follow the steps given below:
1. Go to Vendors & Purchases menu, and then click on Reports & Forms, and then
click on Accounts Payable.
2. Select 1099 Vendor Report, and then click on Options
3. Select the Year to Preview along with any other criteria from the Filters or Sorting and
4. Select the number of Columns, and other information required for your 1099 filing.
5. Click on OK
6. Click on Excel icon to export the report to Excel.
7. From Excel, click on File menu and then on Save As.
8. Select the directory to save the file and provide a name for the file you are saving.
9. Select C
SV (*csv) from Save As type to change your exported file to a csv file that
can be used for importing.
10. Close Excel.
11. In Sage 50, select Employees & Payroll > Forms > Federal Forms or select
Reports & Forms > Forms > Tax Forms.
12. Double-click on Payroll Tax Forms.
13. In the Available Form section, select the [Year] 1099–MISC or [Year] 1099-INT.
14. Set the Filing period to Yearly, select the correct year, and then click on OK
15. Click on Browse
16. In the Open Data File window, select 1099 Vendor Report that you exported and
saved as a CSV file, and then click on the Open
17. After selecting the file, click on the Next
You will be directed to “your data will be processed” window.
1. Click on the Next
You will be directed to the 1099 Importer window.
19. Click on OK
20. Click and drag the column name to the appropriate box on the 1099 form to map the
columns to the form.
21. Click on Mapping Complete button to go to the next step.
You will be directed to the 1099 Setup Wizard window.
1. Click on Next
2. Verify if the Payer Identification Number is correct, choose EIN or SSN, and then click
3. Verify the Payer information, and then click on Next
4. Select the Tax Preparer Type, and then click on Next
You will be directed to Third-Party Preparer Information window.
1. Fill the appropriate fields, and then click on Next
2. Verify if the State and Locality authority or item is correct, and then click on Next
3. Select the required options on the Data Verification window, and then click on Next
4. Select the required options on the Recipient Identification Numbers window, and then
click on Next
5. Select the required option in the Multiple Data Files window, and then click on Next
6. In the W2/1099 Preparer worksheet, verify the information highlighted in blue, and then
click on Next Step button.
7. Continue to verify highlighted information, and then click on Next Step button, till 1099
Printing and Filing Options window opens.
8. You can either Complete 1099 e-filing Service or Select My Own Options.
Note: If you have subscribed to the e-filing service, you can e-file your 1099 and 1096 Federal
Forms. You can also send your recipients the 1099 form electronically by paying an additional
1. Verify your selections from the previous page, and then click on the Next
2. Select the required options for divider sheets, and then click on the Next
3. Click on the Next button to Review Data.
4. Click on the Next Step button at the top, and then click on the OK
5. Click on the Next Step button to repeat the process and to review all the forms.
You will be directed to Secure e-file window if you have subscribed to e-filing forms.
1. Follow the instructions as shown on the screen to complete the process.
These are the steps to e-file and report your tax reports. If you face any issue while printing the
forms, then contact the Sage customer support on their toll-free number +1-844-871-6290.
They will be available 24/7.