WHE Rochem .pdf
Original filename: WHE Rochem.pdf
Author: Rashmi Narayan
This PDF 1.7 document has been generated by Microsoft® Word for Office 365, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 20/06/2019 at 07:58, from IP address 103.115.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 205 times.
File size: 274 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Rochem India - The Need for Waste Heat
Waste heat Evaporator is a compact and efficient way for evaporating water from wastewater that
contains high levels of contaminants and corrosive constituents. An alternative to prevailing Technologies
predominantly using metallic evaporators, this technology comes at a dramatically lower life cycle cost
due to lower operating and maintenance costs.
The Pioneers of Membrane Solutions for wastewater treatment and recycling, Rochem India’s constant
innovation and advancements to the technologies adds much more to this.
Rochem India’s Waste Heat Evaporator (WHE)
The WHE presents an opportunity to industry of economical and efficient way to concentrate Process
streams and the Brine from RO Plants on wastewater. WHE doesn’t necessarily require a fresh source of
steam and can effectively use other possible sources of the low-grade heat efficiently for its operation.
The system has Lowest Electrical Power consumption among current evaporation/concentration
technologies including Multi-effect Evaporators.
The schematic process elaborates on the flow of Waste Heat Evaporator that contributes big in the
process of filtration.
The process of Waste Heat Evaporator Wastewater is Concentrated in the following way:
1. Heat is transported from the bulk fluid to the wastewater surface
2. Wastewater evaporates from the surface
3. Wastewater vapour diffuses through the membrane
4. Wastewater vapour condenses on the other side of the membrane
Advantages of Rochem India’s Waste Heat Evaporators
The Waste Heat Evaporator by Rochem India brings along many advantages that serve your purpose of
water filtration and cater to your needs.
1. Lower Capital Costs: Special Metallurgy for construction of unit is not required, thus resulting in lower
2. Safe operations: Low operating pressure, hence increased process safety. Also operates at lower
temperatures than conventional Evaporators.
3. Longer Equipment Life and Lower Maintenance: Due to MOC which is engineered PP , Limits scaling
and corrosion issues.
4. Consistent and High Quality of Distillate: The vapour and liquid phase are separated by Membranes,
hence ensures High quality of distillate at all times. PLC based Automated Process Control ensures High
5. Process Reliability:
Stable operations and Reduced Sensitivity towards concentration polarization is Negligible
6. Reduces Equipment Size and hence lowers foot print:
Reduction in non-condensable species in vapour phase and hence the unit size and weight is reduced
considerably compared to conventional Evaporators.
7. Low cost on Structural Supports:
Low initial capital investment as towering support structures are not required as modules are skid
mounted at manageable height manually.
8. Easier Maintenance:
The Special Design allows it to be maintained conveniently as module on skid are spread out at ground
Application of Waste Heat Evaporators by Rochem India:
The application of this technology ranges from many industries.
• Zero Liquid discharge for Industrial Wastewater
• Non-Volatile acid concentration
• Metal recovery
• Dye Concentration and recovery
• Spent Acid recovery
• Acidic streams concentration
• Concentration of Lanthate Compounds
• Recovery of volatile compounds
• Fruit juice/Milk/heat sensitive products concentration/separation/recovery
• Various Process application for concentration/distillation/separation/recovery
From every product to every technology, we at Rochem India strive to make each of our output highly
efficient and cost effective. From PTRO to Spiral RO to WHEs, the intensive engineering and insight for
each industry plays a vital role in designing our technology.
We offer excellent water treatment and recycling system with purification technology that adapts
with the changing times. Get in touch with us through our mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or
leave a message on our social media accounts - Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or call us on
+91 (22) 6704 9000 for any enquiries and further information.