Original filename: 892c335a27db4e84a.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by Writer / LibreOffice 6.0, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 29/04/2020 at 22:39, from IP address 188.163.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 42 times.
File size: 24 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Slot machines (slot machines) are electronic (previously mechanical) devices for
gambling, the essence of which is the player’s attempt to collect (or rather wait for
the loss) a certain winning combination. The winning amount depends on the type
of combination and the size of the bet. Mechanisms with money gain, that is, slot
machines, appeared at the end of the XIX century.
The popularity of slot machines served as an impetus for their improvement, and
soon in America began to produce machines using the principle of jackpot accumulating winnings. The mechanics of the process were very simple - when the
weight of the coins in the machine exceeded a certain limit, the doors opened in it
and the coins were poured into the tray. American slot machine players soon
showed a typical Russian savvy - as soon as the player calculated that the slot
machine was sufficiently full, they gave him a good kick and the jackpot turned out
At present, casinos in Russia are prohibited:
- Place slot machines and tables in residential buildings, buildings where
educational and medical institutions are located, resorts, train stations, airports,
stops, kiosks and other non-capital buildings.
- Place the casino gaming area on an area of less than 800 square meters. meters,
a hall with slot machines less than 100 square meters. meters.
- Allow people under the age of 18 to work and play in the casino.
Since 2009, it is planned to create 4 gaming zones for Russia, banning the operation
of casinos in the rest of the country.
- The Roman emperor Nero did not allow him to interfere during the game, even
during a fire in Rome.
- The English king Henry VIII managed to lose the famous "bell of Jesus" - the bell of
St. Paul’s Cathedral. And when the winner, Sir Miles Partridge, wanted to take the
win, Henry VIII, without hesitation, hung the sire.
- Dostoevsky in 1865 was forced to flee abroad, having in his hands 3,000 rubles of
royalties. The writer went straight to Bad Homburg, where he lost everything at the
roulette table that “inspired” him to write the world-famous novel The Player.
- One of the biggest wins in slot machines is almost $ 39 million. This jackpot was
ripped off by an American programmer who came to watch basketball and decided
to play a slot machine in the meantime. He didn’t manage to watch the match - for
a loss of such a fantastic gain, a bet of only three dollars turned out to be sufficient.
- Kellin Brever, a housewife from New York, won $ 10 million in casinos
A resident of Ireland won the Euro 115 million lottery in the Euromillion lottery,
instantly falling into the list of the richest people in the country.
- Peter O'Brien was lucky to win 3 million at Black Jack. Scotsman Joseph Williams,
for 4 days of the game became richer by 2.4 million. And the legendary player
Benno Winkel was able to regularly “lighten the casino” by a tidy sum - up to two
million per night.
- General Blucher in 1814 in Baden-Baden lost a million marks, and the founder of
the Citroen concern Andre Citroën managed to lose 13 million francs in Deauville in
- In Japan, ATM customers can replenish their budget by making payment
transactions. After the operation is completed, the roulette wheel appears on the
screen of the ATM, and if successful, the gain is 1,000 yen.
- In Japan, games with cash prizes are prohibited. And slot machines give out
winnings not with coins, but with toys, cigarettes, chewing gum and other things.
- In 1979, the Indian Seminole tribe opened a bingo hall on their reservation,
ignoring the ban on gambling in Florida. The authorities tried to cover the
institution, but the Indians refused to obey. They claimed that the reservation was
the sovereign territory of their tribe, which means Florida’s laws do not apply there.
The case came to a court that lasted several years, and in 1987 ended with the
victory of the Indians.
- In the history of Monte Carlo there was only one case when the casino had to
return the amount lost here. The captain of the warship, having lowered the entire
treasury of ships into roulette, without further ado, set the ship on the raid exactly
opposite the casino and turned the barrels of all the guns in its direction.
This turned out to be a powerful argument, and the manager did not take long to
- If you add all the numbers in the roulette table from 1 to 36, you get the number
666, which is most often associated with the devil.