How to Clean Carpet Easy .pdf
Original filename: How to Clean Carpet Easy.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Word 2010, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 03/08/2020 at 07:35, from IP address 49.145.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 54 times.
File size: 469 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
How to Clean Carpet Easy
If your house has carpet — plus kids or pets — then you need to know how to deep clean your carpets
without a steam cleaner. Because let’s face it, mud and red punch aren't an honest combination,
especially if you would like to stay your floors looking clean.
But the tricks behind knowing the way to deep clean carpet stains aren't necessarily public knowledge.
That’s why we asked the experts to answer one very important concern people commonly have: how do
you deep clean your carpet the best way possible?
How to Deep Clean a Carpet
Cleaners needed: bicarbonate of soda or dish soap (alternatively, you'll use an equivalent product
utilized in steam cleaners)
Here are the steps for a way to wash your carpet without a steam cleaner:
1. Vacuum the whole area you would like to wash to urge obviate dirt and mud.
2. If using bicarbonate of soda, sprinkle the stain until completely covered. If using dish soap,
measure the stain’s size, and use 1 tablespoon per 6 to eight inches of stain.
3. Swoosh it around until you see bubbles.
4. Do not completely soak the ground, just make it wet enough to wash away the dirt/stain.
5. Turn on any fans, or open nearby windows to permit the carpet to air dry.
6. Once dry, vacuum again.
How to Deep Clean Carpet
Buying or renting a machine to steam clean your carpet is not the only way to get the stubborn stains
out. If you have a mess to clean up but you don’t want to run to the store for a steam cleaner, you can
definitely deep clean your carpet without a machine. The good news is, if you have a vacuum, you can
get the job done.
You’ll also need the following:
A mixture of water and some detergent
Some table salt (sea salt, kosher salt — it’s all fine!)
Some baking soda
A few old rags or terry cloth towels. (Using an old shirt you’ve been aiming to get obviate also
Here’s how to deep clean carpet yourself:
1. Start by mixing up a tiny bit of soap (1/8th teaspoon, though you can just eyeball a small
amount) with the water in the spray bottle. Don’t shake it excessively, but let it mix.
2. Sprinkle the baking soda and table salt over the area you want to deep clean; you don’t need to
cover it completely.
3. Spray the mixture of soapy water lightly over the same area. Let it sit for a few minutes.
4. Brush the carpet in one direction with your brush. This will accumulate hair and debris for you to
pick up easily.
5. If there’s still hair/dirt, move 90 degrees from the original direction and start again.
After the world is usually dry, empty the soapy mix from your spray bottle, fill it with regular water, and
lightly spray the carpet another time.
Again, press the cloth towels into the carpet. Fields says if she’s cleaning a small area, she’ll put a few
heavy items on top of the cloths and let them sit for a while.
This technique is best for spot-cleaning stains, but if you have a large enough brush, it’s easy to do an
Fields says this method is completely safe to use with children and pets. Plus, instead of smelling like
heavy detergents and must (as would happen when you use a carpet cleaner), the carpets will smell like
nothing at all!