30 Great Ways to Enjoy a 4th Generation Apple iPod Touch .pdf
Original filename: 30 Great Ways to Enjoy a 4th Generation Apple iPod Touch.pdf
Author: Karen Baillie
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 01/11/2012 at 02:02, from IP address 68.3.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 735 times.
File size: 224 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
30 Great Ways to Enjoy a 4th Generation Apple iPod Touch
The 4th generation Apple iPod Touch is a versatile and amazing piece of
hardware that is reasonably priced and can be enjoyed by all age groups. Although it has many
uses, below I have listed 30 great ways to enjoy a 4th generation Apple iPod Touch.
1. iMessage: A text message service, free over Wi-Fi, where you can send a picture, share a video
or just text to any iOS 5 device (iPhone, iPad, or another iPod Touch). Text shortcuts can be
configured in the keyboard section of General settings, so you can create short abbreviations
such as lol (laughing out loud) or brb (be right back) to name a few which will automatically
expand when typed.
2. FaceTime: Allows you to call a friend or family member over Wi-Fi and talk face-to-face or
switch to the rear camera and share an unusual or a funny sight in real-time.
3. Game Center: Play with others who have an iPhone, iPad2 or an iPod Touch to expand your
social gaming capability or play games alone.
4. HD Video Recording: Capture in real-time high definition 720p video even in low-light settings
that you can edit if needed and share with friends and family.
5. Photos: Take photos and instantly crop, rotate, enhance or remove red-eye, organize them into
photo albums, text, tweet, or email them and even organize them into slideshows complete
with music and transitions.
6. Music: Listen to music wherever you are, such as during cram sessions, exercise workouts,
house cleaning, gardening, work commute or just when you need to drown out the noise
around you and relax.
7. email: Send and manage emails with or without attachments as needed.
8. Safari Web Browser: Search, shop, read articles without being distracted by annoying ads
thanks to the included “Reader” feature that removes them, leave comments, or just surf the
Web whenever you want.
9. YouTube: Shoot your own videos and upload them to YouTube, share YouTube videos with your
friends and family by sending an email with the video link or post the video link to FaceBook.
10. Twitter Integration: Send tweets, post photos on Twitter, and send links from the Safari,
YouTube and Maps applications.
11. iCloud: Includes 5 Gb of free storage; stores photos, music apps and more so that you can
access your content wirelessly on all of your devices without syncing; listen to music, watch TV
shows whenever you choose, download music and app purchases, read a book, create
documents and presentations; since only your mail, documents, account information, settings
and other app data are applied against your free storage, it goes a long way.
12. Find My iPod Touch: After setting up this app, should you misplace your iPod Touch, you can
find its approximate location on a map, display a message or play a sound to help you find it by
logging into your iCloud account from any web browser on a MAC, PC, or another iPhone, iPad
or iPod Touch; you can also remotely set a passcode lock to prevent tampering as well as initiate
a remote wipe to restore it to its factory settings and once found restore the data from your
most recent backup from iCloud or iTunes.
13. AirPlay: Enables the streaming of music and video to your home entertainment system via
Apple TV, or export movies to the Camera Roll and sync them back to your MAC or PC.
14. AirPrint: Wirelessly print email, photos, web pages and documents to AirPrint-enabled printers
available from HP, Canon, and Epson.
15. Built-In Dictionary: the intelligent iPod Touch keyboard predicts and corrects words as you type
so that you can speed through your message.
16. Maps: Shows your current location, gives you directions to your destination, gives you live
traffic information and even indicates traffic speed along your proposed route.
17. Reminders: Sends you an alert when you create a list of things to do or remember and set
deadlines for them.
18. Newsstand: Organizes and automatically updates your newspaper and magazine app
subscriptions for quick and easy access.
19. Calendar: Creates and tracks scheduled events.
20. Contacts: Stores names, email addresses, phone numbers and more for immediate access.
21. Notes: Write yourself a quick note and keep important information within reach which you can
send to yourself or others via email.
22. Stocks: Shows charts, financial details, and headline news for any stock you choose.
23. Math Calculator: Can be used in portrait view for simple calculations or in landscape view for
sophisticated scientific calculations.
24. Weather: Check the six-day weather forecast for your city or anywhere else in the world.
25. Voice Memos: Record and organize memos which may include shopping lists, lectures,
interviews, errands to run, chores to do and much more.
26. Find My Friend: Can give friends and family permission to see your whereabouts and vice versa,
however a single switch removes you from the grid.
27. Notification Center: Can be set to notify you of Calendar appointments and reminders
scheduled in the next 24 hours as well as stock trends, weather changes and more.
28. iMovie: This $4.99 app from the App Store allows you to create video postcards while on a
vacation, combine and edit video clips, add music and photos to your videos etc. and share your
finished videos with the world.
29. iTunes: is an included free App that allows you to buy and download new music to your Apple
iPod Touch; When installed on your computer, you can upload music and music video from your
computer; Includes “Genius” feature which acts as your personal DJ by automatically searching
your song library, finding complimentary songs and providing a playlist for you; Genius feature
creates multiple mix playlists to listen to immediately, save for later or refresh and redo.
30. Nike + iPod: When this sensor is purchased and slipped into your Nike + shoe, it wirelessly
transmits your workout data to your iPod Touch; if you’re going for a run it tracks your time,
distance and the calories burned, giving you voice feedback on your progress; it also works with
cardio equipment in many fitness centers, and you can even exercise to your favorite music
playlist, shuffle songs or choose Nike-created Sport Music
Though I have only listed 30 great apps, you will have access to more than 500,000 apps and
100,000+ game and entertainment titles (many of which are free). With that many apps
available to you, it is obvious and that you will never get bored and can look forward to
discovering new ways to use your 4th generation Apple iPod Touch.