Setup Comcast Email in Outlook Express .pdf
Original filename: Setup Comcast Email in Outlook Express.PDF
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by convertonlinefree.com, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 02/07/2016 at 08:14, from IP address 61.12.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 530 times.
File size: 369 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
A Complete Guide to Setup Comcast Email in Outlook Express
Do you have a Comcast email account set up in Outlook Express? If yes, then it only takes a
couple of minutes to set it up successfully. This is an email and news client that allows users to
send and receive emails and access to newsgroups. If you want to set up Comcast email, then
firstly you need to configure Outlook Express email account on your computer before going to
the next. You simply need to follow up the simple set of procedures by following the screen
prompts. This guide below will show you to setup Comcast Email in Outlook Express.
At first, launch your Outlook Express program by clicking on the icon, twice.
1. Access the Internet Connection Wizard to set its initial settings up for a Comcast email
account. If you are using Outlook for the first time, the wizard should run automatically.
2. In case, it doesn’t run, hit the options Tools>>Accounts>>Add>>Mail subsequently in
order to start the wizard.
3. Check the circle beside the ‘Create a new Internet mail account’ includes a dot in it. In
case, the dot is not found, hit the circle. Hit the ‘Next’ button.
4. Enter a name for the Comcast email account (e.g.Comcast Mail) in the provided box,
and then hit the ‘Next’ button.
5. On the next screen, enter your complete email address in the appropriate box. Change
‘your name’ with the current username for your Comcast email account. Click the ‘Next’
6. Select POP3 from the drop-down menu beside the ‘my incoming mail server is a’. Insert
‘mail.comcast.net’ in the appropriate box.
7. Enter ‘smtp.comcast.net’ under the white box and then hit the ‘Next’ button.
8. Insert your email account name and password in the while fields next to the ‘Account
name’ and ‘Password’. The name you enter should be the first part of your email
account before the "@" symbol.
9. Now, go to the next page by clicking on the ‘Next’ button, followed by the ‘Finish’ to
finish up the process.
10. Locate the ‘Internet Accounts’ window, which shows you the account just created. Hit
the new account to choose it and then hit the ‘Properties’ button.
11. Scroll down to the Properties window bottom side, and put a check mark in the box
beside the ‘My server requires authentication’.
12. Click on the ‘Settings’ button in order to open up another pop-up screen.
13. Ensure that the circle has a green dot located beside the ‘Use same settings as my
incoming mail server’. Click the ‘OK’ button.
14. Choose the ‘Advanced’ tab placed in the Properties window upper-side. In this window,
you will see the list of items ‘Server Port Numbers.’
15. Insert the ‘587’ number in the field to the right of ‘Outgoing mail’ option. You can
replace the numbers in the field.
16. Click on the ‘Apply’ button to finish the setup process, and then hit the ‘OK’ button to
close the Properties window.
However, if you are unable to setup your Comcast email account in Outlook Express even after
following all the necessary instructions, it is advisable to get in touch with the Microsoft
Outlook express service in order to gain your query to be resolved within a short span of time.
You can also reach Contactforhelp to locate trusted number of Microsoft expert so that you can
make a contact with the executive directly.