UOP COM 295 Week 2 Knowledge Check .pdf
Original filename: UOP COM 295 Week 2 Knowledge Check.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 03/03/2017 at 09:13, from IP address 43.224.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 180 times.
File size: 305 KB (4 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
UOP COM 295 Week 2 Knowledge Check
To purchase this material click below link
COM 295 Week 2 Knowledge Check
1. As the communications manager for your company, you need to identify a tool
that employees can use to communicate with each other quickly and informally and
that can indicate whether a particular employee is busy or available for
communication. Which of the following tools would you pick?
2. Januz is a language researcher who wants to collect and analyze traditional
songs, rhymes, and stories from a variety of cultures for a research project. He posts
a request for information on a website, and visitors from around the world share
their stories for his project. Which of the following is Januz using?
3. What is the process of recording audio or video files and distributing them online
known as ?
4. What would you include at the beginning of an article as a concise version that
provides readers with all the main points and skips over details?
5. You notice that employees in your company tend to waste time when using the
company’s instant messaging system. What would you advise them to do to make
instant messaging more efficient and effective for organizational communication?
6. Brian runs a music blog on which he posts podcasts of different music artists
discussing their newest album releases. If he wants to effectively adapt the threestep writing process to his podcast, what will he do during the completing stage?
7. Marco needs to write an article for a magazine. While he has a main idea and a
theme in mind, he is not sure how to clearly organize large amounts of information.
He decides to record himself describing out loud what he intends to write and repeat
the process until he has narrowed down and tightened the message. What technique
is Marco employing?
8. A graphic technique used to develop and construct content by starting with a main
idea then branching out to connect other related ideas is known as what?
9. Farah, a biologist at a local university, is giving a lecture on a hard-to-understand
subject. What guideline should Farah follow to better define the scope of her
message and heighten audience receptivity?
10. Your friend asks you how to avoid using biased language in a report on her
company’s branding strategies. What would your advice be?
11. When might you prefer using the active voice over the passive voice in
12. What term is used to refer to a standard block of text that is reused in
13. Identify the sentence that is NOT in parallel form.
14. For what reason would an editor of a political newsmagazine choose to use
15. What are lines of text or graphics that are repeated at the top of every page in
For more classes visit