Liability for Car Accidents Caused by Poor Road Conditions .pdf
Original filename: Liability for Car Accidents Caused by Poor Road Conditions.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by Online2PDF.com, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 04/05/2018 at 13:58, from IP address 182.72.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 247 times.
File size: 175 KB (7 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Liability for Car Accidents Caused by
Poor Road Conditions
Disclaimer: The contents of the page are general in nature.
please use your discretion while following them. The author
does not guarantee legal validity of the page contained herein.
Phone: 203-541-0090 / 800-987-8780
• Poor road conditions such as potholes, faulty design,
missing guardrails, erosion and other defects can cause a
serious car accident.
• Proving fault in a car accident because of a road defect can
• Generally, cities, counties and states are responsible for
maintaining the roads.
• Before making a claim, it is important to find out which
agency was responsible for maintaining the road.
• The victim must prove that the agency was negligent in its duty to
maintain a safe road.
• He or she must show that the agency could have or should have
repaired the road but chose not to do so.
• He or she must prove that the agency built the road in a
dangerously defective manner.
Suing a Governmental Agency
• Most state and federal governments have immunity from lawsuits.
However, if the agency was negligent in maintaining a roadway, the
victim can make a claim.
• Another regulation that limits a government agency from being sued is
the statute of li itatio s.
• If a victim fails to file a claim before a designated deadline, the court will
not allow the victim to file at a later date.
• If you have been injured in a car accident because of poor
road conditions, contact our car accident attorneys today.
• We will fight to help you recover compensation for your
injuries and damages.
The Reinken Law Firm