Overview hfpb .pdf
Original filename: Overview hfpb.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by / Skia/PDF m74, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 11/02/2019 at 20:51, from IP address 178.197.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 38 times.
File size: 74 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Overview: Healthy whole food vegan diet
Whole foods: Foods with all their natural ingredients (no extracted foods). Blending,
grinding, drying etc. is ok, as long as all parts of the original whole food is included.
Water (2-3 Liter), vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, whole grains (incl. whole grain rice,
pseudocereal), legumes (beans, lentils, soy, chickpeas, etc.), corn, sweet potatoes.
Products that are made out of whole foods: Whole grain pasta, hummus without oil, tempeh,
dried fruits, smoothies, etc.
Necessary for fat requirements: Nuts, seeds (incl. seed butter and nut butter) or fatty foods
such as avocados and olives.
Not necessary: soy milk/cereal milk, tofu, vegetable juices.
Moderate/preferably abstain: white rice, refined grains (white flour, white bread, white pasta).
Animal products (meat, dairy products, fish/marine animals, eggs, honey etc.), extracted fats
(coconut fat, palm kernel fat, etc.), oil (incl. olive oil), sugar (table sugar), syrup (agave,
maple, rice syrup etc.), preservatives and additives, fruit juices.
Make sure to eat enough calories!
- Beans (black, red, soy, etc.)
- Dark green leafy vegetables (kale, collard greens, arugula, spinach etc.)
- Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, bok choy etc.)
- Spices/herbs (turmeric with black pepper, herbs, cayenne, cinnamon, cloves etc.)
- Nuts/seeds (walnuts, sesame, pumpkin seeds etc.)
- Ground flaxseeds (about a tablespoon per day)
Nutrients and supplements
Vit. B12: 1000 - 2500 mcg (Methylcobalamin) 1 - 3 times per week
Omega 3 EPA/DHA: min. 250 mg EPA/DHA per day as algae oil
Vit. D3: 2000 IU per day (vegan supplement)
Iodine: 200 - 400 mcg per day (kelp capsules) or consume right amount of algaes
Selenium: 1 - 2 Brazil nuts per day (especially in europe)
- Sport: daily 90 min. moderate or 40 min. intensive activity.
- Residence outside, 7 - 8 hours sleep, physical rest, mental rest.
By Joah Nutrition