Limits PDF .pdf
Original filename: Limits PDF.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by MicrosoftÂ® Word 2010, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 18/03/2012 at 06:29, from IP address 67.219.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 1334 times.
File size: 287 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Limits PDF.pdf (PDF, 287 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
B. Limits Approaching or
1. If the term with the highest power is in the numerator, then
2. If the term with the highest power is in the denominator, then
3. If there is a term of the highest power in both the numerator and the denominator, then
equal to the ratio of the coefficients of the two terms.
, because there is one term with the highest power
in both the numerator and the denominator and
the ratio of their coefficients is .
C. Finding Limits Algebraically
1. If asked to determine a limit at a specific value, simply plug that value of into the function.
2. If the function is undefined at the point given, follow this procedure:
Check to see if anything can be factored.
Cancel out any terms present in both the numerator and the denominator and simplify.
If the function is no longer undefined at the given point, evaluate the limit algebraically.
If the function is still undefined and cannot be simplified further, then find the limit as
approaches the point ( ) from the left (
) and the limit as approaches the
point ( ) from the right (
does not exist.
D. Trigonometric Limits (Memorize These!)
5. Be familiar with trigonometric identities so you can manipulate givens to one of these forms.
6. You may also be given a simple trigonometric limit that can be easily solved algebraically.
E. Limit Definitions of Derivatives
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog