Ironing Instructions .pdf
Original filename: Ironing Instructions.pdf
Title: Heat Pressing Instructions – Crystal/Rhinestone Transfers
Author: Andrew Sequeira
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Acrobat PDFMaker 11 for Word / Adobe PDF Library 11.0, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 05/03/2014 at 16:12, from IP address 75.150.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 589 times.
File size: 15 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Ironing Instructions – Rhinestone/Crystal Transfers
TRANSFERS SHOULD ONLY BE APPLIED BY AN ADULT. Transfers are not intended for infants or very
1. Make sure all stones in the transfer are in place – if any are out of alignment, simply push them into
place or adjust as needed.
2. Peel the white film backing off the transfer.
3. Place the design, face up, on the shirt. Be sure to check for centering and leveling of the design, in
relation to the shirt. For lighter colors and white, make sure the iron’s hot plate is clean and free of any
residue (to avoid stains or heat marks). A teflon sheet is recommended for this reason. The sheet would
be placed over the design and shirt.
For thin or sheer garments, place a teflon sheet (if available) inside the shirt, under the design area,
before pressing. This will avoid the possibility of the glue from the stones bleeding through the front of
the shirt to the back. This can happen with thin garments and will result in the front and back of the
shirt being stuck (glued) together. If that happens, just gently separate the front from the back while the
shirt is hot – make sure to do this if you don’t own a Teflon sheet and are working with thin fabric.
4. Set the iron to med. high heat, or if available, the setting for cotton garments. Make sure that the
iron does NOT contain any water and that the steam setting is OFF. A proper application requires dry
heat. If using synthetic garments, start with a slightly lower heat setting to avoid possible damage to the
garment, and test an inside area first, to ensure that the garment can withstand the heat.
5. Apply pressure to the iron while slowly moving it over the heat transfer. Iron back and forth slowly
over the transfer for approximately 30 seconds while maintaining medium pressure.
6. When done, let the shirt cool down completely before peeling off the film. Peel slowly while checking
the cover film for any stones that may not have adhered. If any stones are stuck to the cover film, either
re-position the film exactly over the pressed design and re-press, or peel the stones off the cover film and
position them on the design, and then re-press.
8. Re-press for about 20 seconds, emphasizing the spots where stones didn’t adhere - that should take
care of it. Once again, be sure to separate the front and back of the shirt while still hot.
9. Hand wash and hung to dry recommended, with care taken to avoid rubbing the stones together.