8th Olango Challenge Registration Form .pdf
Original filename: 8th Olango Challenge Registration Form.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by Adobe InDesign CS5.5 (7.5.1) / Adobe PDF Library 9.9, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 14/04/2015 at 16:40, from IP address 121.54.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 1030 times.
File size: 3.8 MB (9 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
8th Olango Challenge Registration Form.pdf (PDF, 3.8 MB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Kindly mark your calendars on May 23, 2015 as Philippine Business for
Social Progress (PBSP) and Philippine Swimming, Inc. (PSI) once again
hold the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE at Pacific Cebu Resort, Barangay
Suba-Basbas, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu. Our event is also endorsed by
the Department of Tourism.
The Olango Challenge is the country’s first open water swimming
competition organized to raise funds for classrooms in Olango Island
and to drum up public awareness on the magnitude of drowning in the
Since its first staging in 2008, the Olango Challenge has already
pooled funds for eight classrooms in Olango Island, six of which were
already turned over and enjoyed by the school children of the community.
Join us as we extend our invitation to interested swimmers, competitive
and enthusiasts alike, to the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE. It is with your
support in the spirit of competitive sport that PBSP and PSI will be able
to meet its goals for the schoolchildren of Olango Island.
Let us continue building classrooms as we swim! See you on May 23!
JOSE ANTONIO Y. ABOITIZ
Chairman, PBSP Visayas
MARK P. JOSEPH
Special Assistant to the
President, Philippine Olympic
PHILIPPINE BUSINESS FOR SOCIAL PROGRESS
Visayas Regional Center
4/F PLDT Building, Juan Luna Avenue, Mabolo, Cebu City 6000
Contact Person: REGGIE MARIE BARRIENTOS
Phone: (032) 232-5283 / 232-5270
PHILIPPINE SWIMMING, INC.
Room 201, Building B, Philsports Complex
Meralco Avenue, Pasig City Philippines
Contact Person: KATHY FRANCISCO
Phone: (02) 687-7403
START OF RACE
The swim will begin at 10:00 AM. Participants are required to be at the resort by 8:00 AM
for the registration and briefing. Awarding of prizes to the winners follows at 2:00 PM.
Registered swimmers may proceed to the pick-up point at Osmeña Boulevard corner
R. Landon Extension, beside Abellana National High School in Cebu City. Assembly is at
5:30 AM. The bus leaves promptly at 6:00 AM.
1. The competition is open to all swimmers who are at least 14 years old on the date of
2. Participants who are not members of PSI, TRAP, PFF or PHILSPADA are requested
to obtain a medical certificate and declared fit to participate in the event. The medical
certificate should be submitted along with the entry form.
3. Interested swimmers must submit the following filled-in forms to either PBSP or PSI:
For walk-in registrants:
• Entry Form (see page 7)
• Waiver (see page 8)
• Medical Certificate, if necessary
• Registration Fee
For online/email registrants:
• Scanned copy of Entry Form
• Scanned copy of Waiver
• Medical Certificate, if necessary
• Deposit slip as proof of payment
4. Registration fees are as follows:
RACE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All swimmers joining the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE must at least be 14 years on the
date of the event.
2. All participants must attend the orientation as scheduled by the organizing committee.
Participants who fail to attend the orientation will not be allowed to join the swim.
3. Please arrive on time for registration to avoid delays.
4. All participants must sign and submit the waiver stating that they take part in the event
at their own risk.
5. Athletes registered with PSI, Philippine Finswimming Federation (PFF) or Triathlon
Association of the Philippines (TRAP) can join the competitive category.
6. All swimmers must stay within the designated swim area as marked by the OLANGO
CHALLENGE technical and safety officials, stay on course throughout the whole race,
wear their prescribed cap, and be marked with a designated race number.
7. Swimmers under the men’s and women’s competitive divisions will be monitored under
the rules of FINA and, being a long distance event, may not touch or hold on to other
swimmers, water craft or any other item as a buoyancy device. Further, swimmers
under these categories should not use wetsuits or extraneous aids, e.g. flippers,
snorkels, flotation clothing or other such devices.
8. All fun swimmers must wear fins throughout the swim. This will only
be optional if they have competed in a PSI, PFF or TRAP sanctioned event.
9. All swimmers are to behave in a fair and sportsmanlike manner without interference
or aggression towards other competitors. Any breach to this rule may result in
disqualification from the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE.
10. Swimmers will only be given a maximum of three hours to complete the swim.
Swimmers that are still in the water after the time allotted will be taken and boarded
into the nearest boat and will be escorted to the finish line.
11. All swimmers must swim the prescribed course. In the event that a swimmer is not
able to do so, the said swimmer ensures that his/her name is marked off from the
official entrants register at the Information Stall.
12. A 6K swimmer must report to the designated distance points to claim their baller bands
as proof that they have finished the 2K loops and completed the race course.
13. A swimmer must report to the race officials’ booth upon arrival at the finish line to be
properly acknowledged of his completion of the race course. Swimmers who retire
during the race are also required to report to the race officials.
14. If, in the opinion of a medical officer or water safety official, a competitor is incapable of
starting or completing the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE or has been in the water for an
inordinate time, such competitor may be disqualified from starting or be removed from
the water at any time.
15. If, in the opinion of the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE safety and race crew, the weather
or swimming conditions are dangerous or unsuitable, the swim event may be cancelled
without prior notice.
16. Protests must be made in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the
completion of the swim event.
17. Participants who withdraw from the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE should inform the
organizing committee to officially remove them from the list. Registration fees are nonrefundable.
18. The 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE Chairman of the Organizing Committee and the Race
Director reserve the right to vary the Race Rules without notice and the decision of the
Race Director shall be final.
19. All swimmers are expected to bring their own swimming gears like caps, goggles, fins,
and snorkels, among others.
RESORT RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Companions of swimmers must pay an entrance fee of Php 200.00 per head.
Discounted lunches at Php 250.00 per pack are also offered to companions.
2. For the comfort and privacy of the hotel’s in-house guests, participants of the 8th
OLANGO CHALLENGE are only allowed to stay at the venue’s designated area.
3. Bringing of food and drinks inside the resort and food delivery from fast food chains are
subject to the following corkage fees:
• Php 300.00 corkage for every meal brought in
• Php 250.00 corkage for every case of Beer or soft drink brought in
• Php 250.00 corkage for every bottle of Alcoholic Drinks (Wine or Liquor) brought in
4. Cooking within the resort is strictly prohibited.
5. Strictly, no pets are allowed inside the hotel premises.
6. All guest vehicles must be parked at designated parking areas only. Please coordinate
with the resort’s security guards.
1. Interested participants will shoulder the cost of their transportation to and from Cebu,
lodging and food. Only swimmers will be provided with free lunch during the event.
2. No one should undertake any open water event unless physically fit, in excellent
health, and fully expected to finish.
3. Prize money will be as follows:
6K Competitive Men
6K Competitive Women
2K Competitive Men
2K Competitive Women
6K Fun Mixed M&W
2K Fun Mixed M&W
4. All placers will be provided with trophies and/or medals.
5. Finisher certificates will be made available a week after the event and can be claimed
at PBSP Cebu City Office. Certificates for non-Cebu based finishers will be mailed to
their respective addresses as indicated in their Entry Forms.
Registration for the 8th Olango Challenge starts on April 17, 2015 and
ends on May 8, 2015.
For walk-ins, kindly take note of the following office hours:
PBSP (Cebu): Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
PSI (Manila): Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Swimmers may deposit their registration payments to PBSP’s account:
Bank & Branch:
Philippine Business for Social Progress
Union Bank of the Philippines
Cebu Business Park Branch, Cebu City
For updates, visit the OLANGO CHALLENGE page on Facebook.
DATE OF BIRTH (MM/DD/YYYY)
NAME OF TEAM
NAME OF COACH
I attest that all the information supplied in this
entry form are true and correct
• Deadline of registration is on May 8, 2015.
• Entry Form may be submitted personally or
• Entry Form must be accompanied by
Waiver, Medical Certificate, and Deposit
Slip (if payment is made thru bank deposit).
Registration will not be considered official
without these supporting documents.
• Event T-Shirts are available only in Small
(S), Medium (M), Large (L) and Extra Large
(XL) sizes. Participants who failed to indicate
their T-Shirt size shall be given medium-sized
T-Shirt during the event.
• All finishers will receive certificates from the
• The organizers shall no longer accept
applications beyond the deadline.
Signature over printed name of participant
I understand the purpose of this waiver is to preclude others and myself from bringing any claim or legal
action arising out of my participation in the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE. The 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE
is an open-water swimming event in the waters along Pacific Cebu Resort.
In consideration of the acceptance of my entry in this open water swim, I, for myself, my heirs, executors
and administrators, hereby unconditionally release and forever discharge Philippine Business for Social
Progress, its officers, staff, and the members thereof, the Philippine Swimming Inc. and members
thereof, the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE Organizing Committee, all sponsors, race directors, lifeguards,
volunteers and producers of these events, and their respective heirs, executors, administrators,
successors and assigns, from any and all liabilities, actions, claims, demands, damages, costs and
expenses, which I may now or in the future have against them, or any of them, in any way arising out of
or in any way connected to my participation in, or the operation of, the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE event
and any practice or training session associated therewith or other functions or events, including but not
limited to any claims that are based on any alleged negligence or other action or inaction of any of the
above mentioned parties.
I am aware of the hazards inherent in open water swimming, including the potential for hypothermia,
cardiovascular problems, drowning, permanent disability or other injury and that in entering this or
any other open water event I am doing so at my own risk. To the best of my knowledge, my physical
condition and fitness are adequate for me to participate in the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE for which I
have submitted an entry, which includes a Medical Certificate attesting to my physical fitness for the
purpose, and I am unaware of any reason, physical or otherwise, why I should not participate. I agree
to comply with all rules, regulations and event instructions, and I consent to receive any and all medical
treatment which organizers of the 8th OLANGO CHALLENGE consider advisable in the event of illness
or injuries suffered by me during the Swim Event.
I acknowledge that I have read and understood the terms of this release and waiver.
Signature of Swimmer
Signature of Parent/Guardian
(If swimmer is under 18)
Name of Swimmer (Print) Name of Parent/Guardian (Print)
Name of Adult Accompanying Swimmer on Race Day
(If Swimmer is under 18 years old)
Mobile Number of Accompanying Adult
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog