KE and PE notes revised .pdf
Original filename: KE and PE notes revised.pdf
Title: Notes: Energy
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2013, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 21/11/2016 at 13:47, from IP address 24.170.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 274 times.
File size: 231 KB (28 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
• I CAN determine the differences and
similarities between potential and
• I CAN use different measurements to
find both potential and kinetic energy.
• I CAN use given measurements to find
both potential and kinetic energy.
• I CAN relate these equations to realworld situations (Would you rather).
What is energy?
Energy: how much work something can
measured in Joules, J
-Energy can change forms
• Energy is always conserved so it must
be changed from one form to
Potential the stored energy from the
position of an object
• Potential Energy = mgh or wh
• m = kg g = 9.8 m/s2 h = Height (meters)
• Kinetic energy of a moving object
due to its motion