MCA Board Member Position Description .pdf
Original filename: MCA Board Member Position Description.pdf
Author: Peter Lenz
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Word 2016, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 17/03/2017 at 23:12, from IP address 97.127.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 469 times.
File size: 118 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
MCA Board Member Position Description.pdf (PDF, 118 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Minnesota Climbers Association Board of Directors Position Description
Our mission is to represent and support all disciplines of climbing throughout Minnesota and
surrounding areas by advocating access for current and future generations, encouraging
responsible climbing practices, promoting conservation, and stewardship of private and publicly
held lands as well as fostering communication and awareness of the sport to the public.
Purpose of the Board of Directors:
The purpose of the MCA Board is to organize the efforts of the climbing community for the
enhancement of the community and its resources as well as raise public and government
awareness of climbing issues throughout Minnesota. The Board will also facilitate
communication between the entities involved with and affected by the climbing community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hold the mission of the Association in mind during all decisions and actions as a director
• Actively participate in quarterly meetings
• Assist in planning and organizing MCA led events such as The Sandstone Climbers
Festival, The Sandstone Ice Festival, and Adopt-a-Crags
• Engage in board discussions via email
• Promote membership and fundraising efforts in personal networks
• Participate in strategic planning and goal setting efforts of the Association
• Volunteer time to participate in the work of the Association
• Represent the Association at public events and functions
Skills and Competencies:
• Knowledge of climbing areas in Minnesota and Wisconsin
• Climbing ability is not important
• Professional-style writing abilities
• Strong communication and problem solving abilities
• Applicants should commit to serving at least three years on the Board of Directors
• Volunteer engagement experience is preferred
• Event planning, social media, fundraising, and/or marketing skills are preferred
The Board member will work closely with other Board Members to make decisions supporting
The MCA’s Mission Statement. Directors will represent the MCA and climbing in a positive and
constructive way with all interactions – with the public, other climbers and other stake holders.
All Minnesota Climbers Board members are volunteers
Having a voice in influencing the future of climbing in Minnesota
Interested applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter describing why they are
interested in serving on the Board of Directors to the MCA President. Applications will be
reviewed by the whole Board. All new Board members require the approval of Board.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog