Mapcraft sliced layer .pdf
Original filename: Mapcraft sliced layer.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by Writer / LibreOffice 5.2, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 04/09/2017 at 06:53, from IP address 91.237.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 423 times.
File size: 1.5 MB (10 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Mapcraft sliced layer.pdf (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
HOW-TO: Make a sliced OSM layer for Mapcraft tool
- QGIS (tested with 2.18 version)
- JOSM (with OpenData plugin)
1. We need QGIS with instaled QuickOSM plugin to retrieve administrative boundary of area
- in QGIS : „Plugins>Manage And Install Plugins>Plugins” ..and search for QuickOSM plugin
- click checkbox and install this plugin. QuickOSM give us access to OSM data via powerful
- check/set coordinate system to EPSG:3857 (click on EPSG on bottom toolbar):
2. Click in new icon on menu to open QuickOSM form.
- set values as above, and click Run Query, plugin create new polygon layer in Layers Panel..
3. As result we have polygon layer that represents administrative boundaries of Pokhara (and
unnecesary binded surounding polygons of Nepal boundary, we need to delete them..)
- (1) click pencil button to start editing mode
- (2) click selection button and select unnecesary polygons
- (3) click trashcan button to delete them
- (4) save changes..as result we have polygons features for Pokhara area (district)..next step is
merging them into one polygon
- in Processing toolbox search For Dissolve tool:
- check „Dissolve all” and click Run, as result we have new layer in Layers Panel:
4. Now we need to create clipping layer for cutting Pokhara boundary layer into slices…
- search for „Create polygons graticule: in processing toolbox:
- set parameters for polygons graticule:
(1) Output extent: use :”Select Extent on canvas” and select boundary box covering Pokhara layer
in map window
(2) Division Height and Width ( for example 2000x2000 meters)
(3) click Run
5. Check if „Dissolved” layer has this same Coordinate Refeence System (CRS) as „Rectanle
Graticule” layer, if not - save „Dissolved” as layer with EPSG:3857, with new name, for
- search for „Intersection” in Processing Toolbox:
- set parameters as above , (input layer: Pokhara, intersect layer: Rectangle Graticule) and click Run
- As result of the Intersection we have new layer: sliced polygon boundary of Pokhara:
- save new layer as shapefile with new name (pokhara_sliced) and CRS = EPSG:4326 :
6. Conversion to OSM format
- run JOSM
- check if you have installed „Open Data” plugin (reading shapefiles, etc), if not – install it
- open „pokhara_sliced.shp”
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog