This PDF 1.7 document has been generated by Adobe InDesign CS6 (Macintosh) / Adobe PDF Library 10.0.1, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 21/03/2018 at 05:27, from IP address 1.136.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 639 times.
File size: 4.64 MB (6 pages).
Privacy: public file
As we spread our wings on our maiden voyage, we want to welcome you all with hugs and kisses
and thank you for joining us on our migration to the Winton Wetlands. We wouldn’t have been able
to gather Under the Nest without all your love and support and our gratitude is hard to summarise
First of all a we want to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land - the Yorta Yorta people and
pay our respects to their ancestors past and present. We truly believe this site is something special
and we cannot wait for you to see it for yourself. It is our strong desire that you all feel as free and
safe as the sea eagle this festival was inspired by. In order for this to happen we need to cover a few
important points and recommend that everyone reads and follows the below:
»» All U18s MUST be accompanied by an adult in order to be admitted.
While we truly welcome all people of all ages, those under the age of 18 WILL require the
supervision of an adult as this is the requirements of our BYO policy.
»» No glass bottle policy!
BYO is permitted but all cars will be searched for glass on entry.
»» No dickhead policy
Under The Nest is built on the principles of love and respect and as such antisocial behaviour
(including but not limited to trespassing, substance abuse, excessive campsite noise and
disruptive actions) will NOT be tolerated.
»» This is a LEAVE NO TRACE event!
There is a lovely natural camping site which we encourage you all to utilise, however PLEASE
respect the environment and clean up after yourself (INCLUDING CIGGIE BUTTS!)
»» Be Prepared! Sort out your designated drivers for Saturday morning/Sunday afternoon.
No Matter The Weather there WILL BE a TOTAL FIRE BAN on site.
• - NO FIRES, flares, firesticks, fireworks, candles, generators, BBQs or cooking of any kind.
• - No gas bottle fridges or kegs that require cylinders.
• - Do not park ANY part of your vehicle on roads so emergency services have full access.
- Keep campsites clear from flammable material and rubbish.
• - Don’t leave your vehicle running longer than necessary.
• - We have a strong Bin Your Butt philosophy at Under The Nest (There will be butt bins
locacted around the site).
• - Please ensure butts are 100% extinguished every time! Drench them in the dregs of a can.
• Or grind them fully out and bin them).
• - Free drinking water will be available in the market but we also recommend you bring your
• We Are All Family (and that means we look after eachother).
• - Have a buddy system in place with a trusted mate. Check in regularly with each other.
• - Make sure everyone around you is doing okay (If you see anyone not doing okay notify a
volunteer or first aid staffer, they are there to help out no matter the situation without any
• - If you have a viral or bacterial illness please take one for the team and stay at home, to keep
from infecting others.
• - Please wash/sanitize your hands regularly.
• - Rest and rehydrate. Drink water regularly and eat well. (we have awesome local food vendors!)
• - For your safety please always stay within the festival boundaries and familiarise yourself with
the festival map. (those found venturing out of bounds could easily be ejected from the event)
• - Again, ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
• We have a dedicated security and volunteer ranger team so if you see anything, don’t
hesitate to inform them. Unruly patrons WILL BE kicked out.
- A good tent (or swag) – a good shelter in good condition to sleep well in any weather
conditions (don’t forget the pegs, been there done that. It sucks).
- A mallet or hammer
- Lots of warm bedding / doonas / sleeping bag / blankets (The weather can drop overnight)
- Pillows, camping mattress - air pump if required.
- Torch / camplight (strap-on headlamps are good. Battery powered camp lantern)
- Drinking water/ Drinking apparatus (drinking water is available on site but please BYO vessel)
- Clothes for every occasion (This is a festival, be fun, be wacky, be yourself)
- Spare change of clothes (Never know what mother nature may do, be prepared!)
- Sensible shoes (don’t forget those socks)
- Sunglasses, sunblock, sun hat.
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, condoms, tissues, sanitary items)
- Photo I.D (pls)
- Cash (There is no ATM on site, most food stalls will have eftpos but just to be safe)
- Rubbish Bags (again, Leave No Trace! We require you to take your camping rubbish with you)
- Insect Repellent
- First Aid Kit (We have a first aid tent and St Johns Victoria on site but it never hurts to be
- Any medication you need – there is no pharmacy on site. If you have a chronic condition
or illness (including asthma, diabetes, epilepsy) and/or allergies please come prepared with your
medication. If you suffer from hayfever come prepared with your regular medication/pills.
We encourage you all to drive through the beautiful local township of Benalla on your way through.
Recently they celebrated their 4th annual Wall to Wall festival where international and local street
artists have canvased their masterpieces on all the walls, It’s a gosh darn pretty sight and is the
perfect location to stock up on all your last minute supplies (eg. water and ice) not to mention
supporting the local community that has supported us.
Under The Nest is located on the north east side of Greens Hill in the Winton Wetlands which is
accessable via Boggy Bridge Rd, Winton North. “Greens Hill Toilets” comes up in Google Maps for
all your GPS needs.
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Mike Nolan (Live)
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
~ interlude ~
Welcome to The Nest
~ Silent Wedge ~
7:00 - 8:00 (sunset)
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
8:30 pm - 10:30 pm
10:00 pm - 11:30 pm
11:30 pm 1:00 am
1:00 am - Close
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
9:00 pm - 10:00 pm
10:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Mount Mike & Liam Kendall
11:30 pm - 12:30 am
12:30 am - 2:00 am
Gabulous & Tom Vance